Written by Todd Jones, PsyD, Licensed Educational Psychologist
Key Points to Consider:
- Email and communicate with each service provider as written into your child's IEP on a weekly basis the following service professionals: resource specialist program (RSP) teacher, special day class (SDC) teacher, speech language pathologist, occupational therapist (OT), vision specialist, DHH itinerant, braille transcriber, assistive technology specialist (AT), etc.
- Reply to each email that you receive from each specialist, as that is what you would like in return.
- Discuss any concerns that you may have and give school personnel the first opportunity to resolve said concerns. A healthy relationship is maintained if we avoid the temptation to leap-frog one another and speak to the supervisor without giving an individual the first opportunity to take corrective action.
- Please ask questions that you have right away and do not hold onto them for a while and allow them to accumulate.
- Please send out compliments (sincere) that recognize progress that you see in your child that relate directly to services provided by your child's school service professionals.